COVID-19 Pre-Screening & Office Info/Procedures
Prior to any appointment, patients will be pre-screened using the following questions:
1. Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
2. Are you a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
3. Do you have any of the following symptoms?
• Fever (temperature of 37.8°C (100°F) or greater)
• New or worsening cough
• Shortness of breath
• Sore throat
• Difficulty swallowing
• New smell or taste disorder(s)
• Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
• Runny nose, or nasal congestion (without other known cause — e.g., seasonal allergies, post nasal drip, etc.)
Atypical Symptoms (especially for children, persons 70 years of age and older, and those with developmental disabilities):
• Unexplained fatigue, malaise, muscle aches
• Acute functional decline
• Worsening of chronic conditions
• Headaches (unusual, long-lasting)
• Conjunctivitis, pink eye
• Multisystem inflammatory vasculitis in children [Presentation may include persistent fever, abdominal pain, conjunctivitis, gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting and diarrhea) and rash]
If YES to any, please do the following: (1) Do not attend in person at our office for at least 14 days, (2) Complete the Ontario Government’s Self-assessment, and (3) Contact an appropriate medical authority (medical doctor, public health agency, Telehealth Ontario, local assessment centre) to report your condition and seek treatment if necessary.
Office Policies & Patient Information
In order to help keep everyone safe, you’ll notice a few physical and procedural changes around the office. We have taken additional steps for cleaning, disinfection, and physical distancing, have made changes to appointment times and spacing, have implemented the use of personal protective equipment for all staff and doctors, and more. Your health and safety is top priority.
Here’s what we need you to do to help us:
- Wear a mask or other face-covering to your visit. If you don’t have one, we will provide one for you at a cost.
- Come to your appointment alone, whenever possible, to help us limit the number of people in our office. If you need assistance, please let us know.
- Comply with pre-visit COVID-19 screening. There will be a mandatory screening conducted prior to your appointment and again once you’ve arrived at our office. You will receive a copy of the questions with your appointment reminder and they’re posted on this site (above) — you can review them at any time.
- Reschedule your visit if you’re feeling unwell. This one goes without saying! There will be no cancellation fees charged for any cancelled appointments. The more notice you can give us the better. Have questions or concerns? Please ask!
- Cleanse your hands on arrival, after touching common surfaces and upon exiting our office. Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our office.
- Follow signs and directions in the clinic regarding room capacity, symptom screening, and physical distancing.
- Arrive on time, at your scheduled appointment time. This helps us, helps you, and helps the rest of our patients.
- No walk-in appointments. At this time we are only accepting scheduled appointments. Please reach out and we’ll get in touch to book your visit.
You can get more information here: Returning for Treatment – A Patient Guide
“Dr. Sweazy is nothing but amazing. I have never slept on my back in my life because of the spasm like pain. He also found out through the xray and medical reports that I have a missing L5 disc. My posture is much better. Just after our first session I slept for 11 hours straight on my back! I swear by his expertise.”
Book An Appointment
“To say my experience with Dr. Mark Sweazey changed my life would be an understatement. It’s increased my quality of life tenfold. I look forward to my appointments and feel a sense of joy when I leave. Great Clinic, Great Staff. Couldn’t recommend them enough.”