Make An Appointment
1980 Ogilvie Rd. Suite 207
Gloucester, Ontario K1J 9L3
Dr. Lindsay Clement
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Doctor of Chiropractic Degree
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with Clinic Honours
- McMaster University
- Honours B.Sc.(Kin), Minor in Psychology
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction
- 2013 (ongoing) ICPA: Pediatrics Certification
- 2013 Webster Technique Certification
- 2008 Graston Technique: Module 2 (Upper and Lower Extremities/Spine) Certification
- 2008 Thompson Technique Seminar Series: Certified Thompson Practitioner
- 2008 Mulligan Concept: Upper Quadrant Certification
- 2007 Graston Technique: Module 1 (Basic Training) Certification
- 2006 Trigenics Institute of Myoneural Medicine: Registered Trigenics Practitioner
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Ottawa and Area)
- 2016 – Present Ottawa Network for Education – OttawaReads Program volunteer
- 2011 – Present FC Capital United Soccer Club – Club Secretary
- 2010 – 2012 FC Capital United – Coach, ’00/’01 Girls Soccer Teams
- 2010 – 2012 Ontario Soccer Association – Team Therapist: Provincial Satellite Program and R5 Girls & Boys Regional Teams
Follow Dr. Lindsay Clement on Social Media here.
Graston Technique Provider
Webster Technique Certified
I grew up in Sarnia, ON where I was actively involved in the community, especially in the local soccer scene. It was through my involvement with sports that I became interested in health, injury prevention and rehabilitation. This interest continued to grow when I attended McMaster University; I graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Kinesiology) with a Minor in Psychology. After university, I moved to Toronto to attend the four year Chiropractic Degree program at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. I joined Gloucester Centre Chiropractic as a Doctor of Chiropractic in September 2008.
Did you know that your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself? Chiropractic care assists your body’s natural ability to heal and self-regulate. By improving the health and mechanics of the spine, we aim to enhance the function of the nervous system. After all, the nervous system is the master control system of the whole body!
In my general family practice I care for people of all ages, from infants to the elderly, including expectant mothers. From armchair athletes to weekend warriors and even elite athletes, I’ve seen them all!
(Want to learn more about chiropractic care for pregnant women and babies? Follow this link to a great video!)
As a chiropractor I aim to educate and motivate my patients to reach their health and wellness goals. The main techniques I use are Diversified, Thompson/drop pieces, Activator, myofascial release/soft tissue therapy and Mulligan Mobilizations with Movement. Rehabilitation, stretching/strengthening exercises, nutrition and ergonomic advice are integral components of my practice as I strive to help patients decrease pain, regain motion and function, and achieve their optimal health.
In addition to being a chiropractor, I am also a Graston Technique Provider and a Certified Thompson Practitioner and have my Webster Technique Certification. Several additional courses and hands-on seminars I have taken include those offered by the Mulligan Concept (Mobilizations with Movement), Activator Technique, Trigenics and Motion Palpation Institute.
In my spare time I enjoy soccer and volleyball, working out, reading (and just like in 2016 I’ve taken the #25BookPledge in 2017; I surpassed my 50 book goal in 2015) and visiting with friends and family.
ADDITIONAL COURSES & SEMINARS
- 2016 Pelvic Floor: Dysfunction, Assessment and Treatment
- 2015 Functional Neurology Series: (1) Functional Neurology for the Practicing Chiropractor, (2) The Neurological Examination, (3) Special Populations – Pediatric/Geriatric, (4) Neuro-Rehabilitation and Technique
- 2013-14 International Chiropractic Pediatric Association – (1) Perinatal Care: Webster Technique & Care of Pregnant Female, (2) The Essentials of Chiropractic Care for Children & Chiropractic Family Wellness, (3) Neuroimmunology: Patterns of Interference, (4) Techniques: Thompson and Logan, (5) Bridging the Gap Between Crisis Care and Optimal Function, (6) Full-spine Segmental Evaluation and Adjusting, (7) Neurology of the VSC & Thompson Technique, (8) Pediatric Alphabet Soup, (9) Research: Evidence-Informed Practice, (10) Translating Pediatric Knowledge into Performance, (11) Holistic Practice-Embracing A Viatlistic Model of Healing and Well-being, (12) Developmental Neurobiology, (13) Mastery of Chiropractic Principles and Practice & (14) Evaluation and Adjusting Protocols
- 2011 Dr. Len Faye Technique Seminar
- 2011 Pediatric Technique Seminar
- 2010 Low Back and Leg Disorders Course
- 2010 Academy of Medicine Ottawa Clinical Day
- 2009 Standard First Aid and CPR Level HCP, including AED Training
- 2009 Paediatric Intensive Seminar, Dr. Liz Anderson-Peacock
- 2008 Ergonomic Training Workshop
- 2008 Clinical Chiropractic Biomechanics Seminar (Orthotics)
- 2008 Cleveland Clinic Canada: Endurance Athlete Symposium
- 2007 Shockwave Therapy: Information and Training Session
- 2007 Meditech: Low Intensity Laser Therapy Information and Training Session
- 2007 Clinical Management & Adjusting Seminar
- 2007 Jedi Adjusting Seminar
- 2006 The TMJ to Toes Workshop
- 2006 Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique: Track 1
- 2005 Motion Palpation Institute (MPI): Cervicals and Thoracics
- 2005 SWIS (Society of Weight Training Injury Specialists) Symposium
- 2005 Motion Palpation Institute (MPI): Lumbar Spine and Pelvis (Spine 1)